Care instructions - Framed Poster
Giclée fine art prints are renowned for their longevity which is why they are displayed in the worlds finest museums, art galleries and private art collections. Correctly caring for your giclée print will ensure your print is enjoyed for generations to come.
Here are some tips on how to handle and care for your prints:
- Treat your giclée fine art print the same way you would treat an original piece of art.
- Avoid placing your print near moisture, oil, dirt, heat, dust, solvents, adhesives as this will most definitely damage your print.
- Only handle your prints with clean, dry hands. If you have white cotton gloves use those to handle the print instead as the oils from skin can affect the PH of the paper and reduce the archival properties
- To avoid dents, creases and oily marks always handle your prints with two hands. A crease is permanent.
- Use acid free tissue paper to cover your prints to avoid damage.
- If you need to roll out your print make sure you use a clean, flat surface. Place the artwork on the surface still covered in tissue paper and place some smooth heavy objects eg. books on the edges and centre. Leave overnight or longer until it has flattened out.
- Avoid touching dark areas of the print as this will leave scuff marks.
- As with all artwork, avoid direct sunlight as this will cause fading and damage the print.
Please note that our fine art posters and frames are for indoor use only.
Keep the poster or frame from accumulating dust and dirt by wiping them regularly with a microfibre cloth.